Kratom is a tropical herb found in the South Asian countries. It is well known for combating the symptoms of anxiety and depression, with other beneficial effects as well. The presence of the alkaloids connects with receptor cells, to produce a calming effect and energizes in relatively higher doses. Some of the youngsters also smoke leaves of the plant, to create a euphoric and opioid-like effect.
There are many ways to consume the leaves, but the most common one is in the form of powder or capsules. Any strain of Kratom is associated with a characteristic smell to it and also has an aftertaste that is difficult to overcome if you’re consuming it naturally with water. This is the reason; a majority of them either devour it in the form of tablets or induce it in their food or beverages. Here is a unique technique of making Kratom tea, explained in detail:
Kratom Tea from Powder
The first and the foremost step in preparing any tea is to boil water. Kratom leaves consist of alkaloids that work the best in certain high temperatures. Hence you have to make sure that you do not boil the water with leaves in or use boiling water for your tea. Heat it to the temperature that is comfortable for you to consume immediately.
At temperatures higher than the recommended ones, the alkaloid properties in the leaves can degenerate, with leaving you nothing less than hot water in a cup, with absolutely no benefits. It is essential to make sure the temperature is right. However, if you happen to boil the water, you can allow it to cool down a little and then add the Kratom powder, or add an acid content like lemon jus=ice or apple cider vinegar. Vinegar is a better option because it not only forces the alkaloids to stay intact but also enhances the taste of your tea.
Many of the Kratom consumers employ the toss and wash method, where they toss the powder in their mouth and wash off the taste with water. This can be effective for a few days, but since you’ll have consumed the powder regularly, it is better to add some sweetening agent like sugar, honey or stevia to your tea. In this way, the bitter taste doesn’t linger on your palate. The flavour can be enhanced by adding cinnamon, ginger or anything that you usually add to a regular tea to elevate the taste.
Kratom powder is dense. Hence when you add water to it, it often forms lumps and settles at the bottom of your cup. So, it is essential to stir it thoroughly to get rid of all the lumps and make a smooth mixture.
Dosage is a crucial aspect when it comes to Kratom consumption. Beginners must keep in mind the dosage so that you do not exceed your daily intake limit. For beginners, it is advised to consume 2.4g twice a day that adds up to 4.8g. It would be best if you did not consume 4.8g at once, which is quite challenging to do considering its taste. If you feel the need to dilute it, then you can do so by adding more water. However, to experience maximum benefits, make sure you finish the entire cup of tea.
Kratom tea from crushed leaves
A similar method is employed to prepare Kratom tea from crushed leaves as well. Follow the instructions below to prepare a hot cup of Kratom tea:
- Heat water in a saucepan or a kettle and turn off the flame when the water starts to boil. Cool it for about a minute or two.
- While the water is still hot, mix your dosage of Kratom crushed leaves in the pan and allow it to settle for 15min.
- The longer the leaf stays in the water, the more the benefits and taste of the leaves.
- Like discussed above, the bitter taste can be overcome by adding an option sweetener of your choice or adding extras like ginger and apple cider vinegar.
- If you do not want to use the crushed leaves directly, you can also make use of a reusable tea bag and fill it up with your crushed leaves. This is an excellent way to store the leaves as well.
Kratom Iced tea
If you’re not a tea lover, but still want to enjoy the benefits of Kratom whilst making your palates happy, then the best option is to prepare iced tea. Follow the steps to do so:
- Prepare the hot Kratom tea, by following the steps mentioned above. Allow the tea to cool down completely, for about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Strain it to another cup and add honey or any sweetener of your choice.
- To enhance the favour, you can add pineapple or orange juice or a mixture of both to your tea. By now the tea should be chilled completely.
- Add ginger to elevate the flavours, add ice cubes and enjoy your drink.
However you try to mask the bitterness of the leaves, a hint of it is left that leaves a bitter after taste. There are a few ingredients that mask the bitterness and increase the efficiency of the powder:
- Frozen Kratom is the best as it enhances its effects.
- Acid substances like lemon zest, apple cider vinegar and lemon juice
- Citrus juices
- Cayenne pepper, when a pinch of it is added to iced tea, it gives an entirely new dynamic of taste.
Kratom is one of the best ways to cure anxiety, depression, pain and other underlying conditions or symptoms. It is not only beneficial for humans but also helps in curing ailments in animals as well. By consuming the product in the form of tea can help in natural breaking down of the compounds and directly affects our body and aids in absorption.